So with that out of the way...what the hell have I been up to in the last 4 weeks?! I could go on for
- I've been busy - work, getting the house situated, training, more work, negotiating with a spunky 3 year old...you know, usual stuff
- We took a vacation to Florida to celebrate Julia's 3rd birthday and surprised her with a trip to Disney. It was so much fun and we loved seeing her face when she met Cinderella, Mickey, Minnie and a few other characters. Absolutely priceless and I wish I could have frozen time.
- I rented a Cervelo P2 while we were in Florida. I must own this bike. Now.
- I finished 2nd in my age group and was 10th overall female at a sprint triathlon in Florida - it was my first open water swim in the Gulf and I survived the 88 degree salt water!
- We took Julia to a Tampa Bay Rays game with our friends the McCallens and saw The Wiggles afterwards! Our vacation was complete.
- I'm now finishing week 28 of Ironman training. What the what?! That is just crazy talk right there
- I have 97 days to go until Ironman Arizona. And I'm freaking out
a little bitlike a crazy person
- I haven't even hit the bulk of training yet - my coach tells me to be prepared true tests of my training coming in September. I'm terrified.
- Rob created a Twitter hashtag for my Ironman... if you are on Twitter, you can follow me @ErikaMyers, or him @SpartanMyers and the hashtag is #erikawill. LOVE!!!
Until the next, more topic-specific, less all-over-the-board post, here are a
New birthday bike!
Swim lessons are paying off - she is a water bug!
Loved having Daddy throw her "up in the sky"
Love. Love. Love.
My blinky cup age group prize - Julia loved it. It gave me a headache!
Uncle Glenn giving "Tootsie" her present
Check out THIS haul from her aunt, uncle, cousins, Grandma and Papa! Whoa...
This melts my heart.
I think I was almost as excited as Julia was!
These guys were a riot!
My birthday girl -waiting for the Disney parade to start
She picked out her own cake - ice cream with lots of frosting
Our Florida family - Lynn and Paula (love you ladies!)
The Wiggles concert!
Our favorite Miss Kathryn!!
Bounce house madness!
Thanks for reading and checking out all of my pictures. I have about eleventy billion more so if you'd like to see a slide show, just holler.
1) What have YOU been up to for the last month?
2) If you have kids, what has been your favorite birthday of theirs so far?
3) Do you like Disney? It is a money making machine but I fall right into their trap hook, line and sinker!