So another week of Ironman training (plus a couple of days) is in the books. Week 8 didn't kill me too badly which was nice. I completed 3 "double" and 4 "single" workout days with the totals looking like this:
- Swim: 6,000 meters (about 3.75 miles)
- Bike: 52 miles (or so)
- Run: 19 miles (including a long run of 8 miles)
- Total training: just shy of 75 miles and about 7 hours
Normally I would do a High Five Friday, but today, I'm going to do a Thank You day instead:
1) To the people who bought our house. I don't really know who you are, but you have given me the ability to start moving forward in the next chapter of my life, and helped to reunite my little family after 6 months apart! From the bottom of my heart:
2) To my friend Lisa - for suggesting and planning a little going away shindig for Julia and me this evening at one of my favorite restaurants. It was so kind of her to think of me and put the wheels in motion to have my friends and family rally so we can see them before we head out 4 weeks from today to Seattle (yikes!) Oh and did I mention she's due with TWINS in May?! Yea, she's amazing.
3) To the ladies in my Mom-To-Mom Group: Who came over last week to have wine, munchies and just chat - you have no idea how much I appreciated that. And for all of your notes, phone calls, texts, etc. I truly value all of you and will miss you terribly
4) To my friends AJ and Andrew - for just always being there to help, offering to help, being a listening ear, watching Julia while I run, etc... You are the epitome of what best friends are!
We were talking about this at dinner last night - Cap'n Jacks in Tarpon Springs, FL!
Have a wonderful weekend - and don't forget, you still have a few hours to enter my GIVEAWAY - HERE!!!
1) Do you have any "Thank Yous" to send today?
2) Big weekend plans?
3) How is your training going?