I'm so happy it's Friday. It's been a busy week (what else is new!?) and I'm just so thrilled that it's finally basketball tournament time!! My Spartans play our first game in the B1G tournament today and noon and I can't wait to go watch it with my friend Jeff!
I love this time of year! GO STATE!
My excitement from yesterday was that I was featured on the Team Tough Chik blog! I'm part of this team of about 150 women across the country and it's been so great to have like-minded ladies encouraging each other and being listening ears during our crazy training! Here's the LINK to the story!
I have a few High Fives today so here goes:
1) Megan - for getting the "all clear" to start running again after the arrival of her sweet baby girl! AND she signed up yesterday to run the Marine Corps Marathon in October too! Don't call it a comback...she's been here for years! Way to go, Other Megan (as Julia calls her)!
2) Melissa - for killing it with her Boston Marathon training along with continuing to swim and bike too in preparation for triathlon season! All while juggling the schedules of her 2 kids, living in a fairly new city with a spouse whose work schedule is a bit insane to say the least. You are going to show Boston who's boss!
3) Tonia - for just being a general badass! She is less than a month out from her first 70.3, killing it with her workouts, all while juggling 2 kids at home with a spouse who travels a ton for work (sensing a theme here?!) You are a rock star and are going to be awesome at your first Half Ironman!!
4) Megan - for getting a personal distance record of more than 14 miles on Sunday during her marathon training! And she'll surpass that this weekend with her 16 mile run. Keep up the great work - 8 weeks to go til Bayshore, right!?
Have a great day and a fantastic weekend!
1) Are you a college basketball fan? Do you watch games even if it's not your team playing?
2) Big plans for the weekend?
3) Who do you want to give a High Five to?