Ha! via GoogleAnyway...
I was on a mission today to not let a dreary, ugly, busy day stop me from staying positive and taking care of business. And that I did! Today was a little more crazy than usual but included the following:
- Clean the house for a showing
- Get Julia up and dressed
- Get to the gym
- Run 6 miles
- Swim 1300 meters (almost got to 1650 but ran out of time)
- Get Julia to school
- Get to the library to work, take two conference calls, more work
- Get to the doctor for my yearly check-up (I know, you're jealous)
- Get home for more work and two more conference calls
- Pick up Julia from school
- Hit Target for a bit
- Get to gymnastics for her last class of this session
- Get pizza on the way home
- Work more
- Write blog post
- Julia's bath and bedtime (coming soon)
- Bedtime for me (hopefully coming soon)
Ain't that the truth. via Google
I couldn't help but share this from Julia's gynmastics today - they all got ribbons for the last day!
Many people have asked me how I'm able to keep up with my Ironman training along with life in general. It hasn't been easy and I'm finding I can't stop eating and I'm tired by 9pm, but I'm figuring out how to time manage very well.
The past week, I had 5 out of the 7 days with double workouts to complete. Luckily I was able to fit them all in with the exception of 1.4 miles (out of 5) yesterday and was 300 or 400 meters short on 2 of my swims due to lack of time. Some days entailed getting up at 4am to ride my bike, or racing through the gym to get a swim and a run in while Julia was in daycare.
So for week 4, I completed 88 miles of swimming/biking/running, and 352 miles for the month of February. Not too shabby for the first month of training! My March calendar from coach Roman includes more time on my bike, more meters in the pool and some longer and tempo runs along with a 10k race in a couple of weeks. I can tell my endurance is building up and my body is reacting well to the double workouts which is good!
Ok month 2 - bring it on!
1) How was your Leap Day?
2) Did you meet your February goals?
3) What is your big event for March?