via Google images - this would have been us last night if Julia had gotten up!
I have 2 not-so-exciting things for 3 Things Thursday and 1 SUPER exciting thing! Which would you like first?
Ok, the not-so-exciting first it is!
1. I got a 10 mile run in today...but it was on the treadmill due to all the rain. It's better than nothing I suppose. I averaged 8:05 pace and finished in 1:20:58. My legs felt pretty heavy and I had a side stitch I was fighting off but I think it was because I was tired and dehydrated. Damn thunderstorms. But yay for mileage! (Thanks to all of you who gave me some motivation yesterday too - it helped me tremendously!) This is kind of how I felt today:
Via Google images - love the leotard/tights look circa 1985! No, I do not wear that running
2. I may head out tonight to get some scrapbooking done. I'm already a year behind with Julia's book...and she's only 2! My intention was to stay up-to-date with it but yea, that didn't happen. So now I have 425 pictures from the last year to figure out what the hell to do with all of them. A tall task if you ask me. Anyone else out there scrapbook??
And now for the EXCITING item of the day...
3. I'm hosting my first GIVEAWAY!!!! Thank you SO much to Sandy at BIC BANDS for sending an awesome band for me to give to one of YOU! I ordered my first 2 and they arrived today. I love them already and know you will too!
Let me tell you a bit about them -
- They are hand made and come in a variety of different styles, colors, widths
- They are meant to stay put on your head! I have lots of those cheap bands you get at Target that slip off my head after 3 seconds. These do not!
- They will not dig into your head - super soft, stretchy material that won't give you a headache like headbands!
- They are awesome. Plain and simple.
This is the same one the winner will get! Called Thin Black White Argyle Standard 20"
This would work for not only working out, but going out and going to work too!
Close-up of what you'll win (ignore my roots, please!)
Isn't it so cute?!
Here is the other one I bought for myself - it's called Thick Pink Green Dots Standard Size
LOVE it - will wear this all the time!
Here's how to enter:
1) You must be a follower of my blog (1 entry) - check out the left side of the screen and hit "Follow". Leave a comment to let me know you are a follower!
2) "LIKE" Bic Bands on Facebook HERE - leave a comment on their wall telling them "Erika @ This Spartan Will sent me!" Leave a comment here too to let me know (1 entry for the FB "like", plus 1 entry for commenting here)
3) Tell me where you'll wear your Bic Band - in an upcoming race? For work? Other? Leave a comment here (1 entry)
4) If you recruit a "new follower" to my blog, you get 3 extra entries and my new follower gets 1 extra entry! Again, leave me a comment telling me who you "recruited"!
5) If you re-post my blog and giveaway on your blog or Facebook page, you'll get 2 extra entries! Leave me a comment to let me know where you re-posted! (and thank you in advance!)
CONTEST ENDS Monday August 1st at 5pm Eastern time. I'll then randomly pick a winner from all of the entries!
Any questions? Just ask.
Thanks so much again to BIC BANDS - I'm so excited to share!