Hope you have had great weekends so far and are enjoying the last week before Christmas!
WWHHHAAATTT? How is that even possible? 7 days until Christmas?? Pure insanity, I tell you.
I've been trying like hell to keep up with all that is Christmas while life is in a bit of disarray. I actually consider myself to be fairly successful and here's why:
- I got a 4 foot tree and let Julia decorate it - she was so proud of her work! Also put a few random decorations up, since ours are all packed away in the attic right now
- I mailed about 110 Christmas cards and tried to write notes on every one of them....although some got missed (sorry in advance to those who only get the photo card)
- I made my homemade Christmas ornaments - my 15th annual one! Didn't make as many this year due to time constraints, but hey, I tried my best!
This actually is one of my favorite ones!
- I made these yummy treats for Julia's teachers and my friends
Chocolate covered pretzels and Rolo bites - awesomeness
- I shipped a few gifts to Seattle for Julia to open on Christmas day and hope to find a few more when I get out there on Wednesday! She deserves a great Christmas!
- Managed to get Julia to smile with Santa - twice! This time was at her school party on Friday
- Took Julia to see The Nutcracker ballet yesterday...actually presented by the same dance company I danced for 25 years ago. Wow. I. Am. Old. She loved it up until the last few minutes which I consider a success!
with her Nutcracker doll...which she managed to break in about .15 seconds...
thank goodness for hot glue guns!
So although I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, tired and a little sad, I will remember this holiday as one where I made it work the best I could with what I had.
Oh and I've managed to fit in some decent runs/workouts too to help clear my head. Even though I may not have a ton of time, anything is better than nothing!
Happy Holidays to you and yours - I hope you've deamed this holiday season a success in whatever way is important to you.
1) What has been the best part of the season so far?
2) Have you had a tough time fitting in workouts? How do you remedy that?
3) Do you send Christmas cards? Do you like receiving them or do you feel they're a waste?