Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday - things were a bit crazy 'round these parts, and I simply ran out of time. Ever have those days, where you wish there were 24 hours in a day to actually get stuff done, without that sleeping stuff getting in the way? (BTW, one of my favorite BNL songs: "Who Needs Sleep?" If you don't know BNL, you are missing out!)
I have a lot of friends doing some big races this weekend so I wanted to mention them. And honestly? I have nothing exciting going on in my life right now that anyone would care to read about! My hip is annoying, I'm not racing this weekend...blah.
1) As I've mentioned before my lovely friend Megan (blog HERE) is part of the AfterNUUN Delight team racing Hood To Coast starting tomorrow! She's en route to Seattle right now to meet her 11 other bloggy friends to run the 200 mile relay! I'm so proud of her and wish her all the luck in the world...although she doesn't need it! She will rock her 3 legs of the relay and the team will kick some booty for sure! Check out their Facebook page HERE too to meet her other teammates. Wish them all luck!! Here is Meg and I with our friends from the other night (thanks, Meg, for letting me steal the picture!) That's me sitting down in the pink and Megan right next to me.
2) My amazing friends Tara (her blog HERE), Maureen and Zoe (along with a few of their other friends) are competing in Ironman Louisville on Saturday! They are heading there right now and ready to kill it! So proud of them for their committment to training for, like, EVER, and their guts to race the 140.6!! I so wish I was going with them...maybe next time! I may still be convinced to try a full - we'll see. GOOD LUCK GIRLS!! You are my inspirations!!!
Here we are at our 70.3 in June:
That's Tara on the left, Zoe next and then Maureen! YAY!
3) My new friend through Megan (Megan #1), the other Megan (Megan #2- her blog HERE) is running in the Crim 10 Miler this weekend! And she's about 19 weeks pregnant too - she is AMAZING! Please wish her well as this mama-to-be runs her longest race with BOB (Baby On Board)!! Good luck, Megan #2!!! Here are both of them I stole this picture off of Megan #1's blog from yesterday :)
Run, girls, run!!!
For anyone else out there racing this weekend, GOOD LUCK!! I'll be cheering you on as I nurse this damn hip back to health!
1) Who are you cheering for this weekend?
2) Any big weekend plans? Races? Fun events?
3) What is your favorite motivating quote or saying?